Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Cause

I don't know if you are aware BUT I am a Breast Cancer Survivor! 7 Years to be exact! Yes, it took me and my friends and family quite by surprise. No family history. It started with me. I was always blamed as the oldest child of 6, that "Alison started it!" Well I guess I won this one, fair and square!
For many months of the year, my husband Chris and I sit on the Relay For Life Committee for the city of Clearwater, Florida. Chris is the Advocacy Chairperson and I the Survivor~Caregiver Chairperson. We are very passionate about our jobs even though the entire committee consists of VOLUNTEERS. We all have our reason to Relay. Chris is a Prostate Cancer Survivor!
I sew and embroider "official" tote bags for Teams to purchase as part of my fundraising. this year I also had a cookie drawing. I have many cookie fans so my Mom thought that this might be a great way to raise more "dough"! I couldn't resist!
I have added some pictures that give you a sense of my fantastic 18 hours of Relay. Please consider finding out about Relay For Life events in your community. I guarantee you will never be the same!





Keep on stitching!
Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers