Saturday, October 30, 2010

What a class we had!

Wow! What a terrific time I had today! It was the Annual Sewing & Craft Day for my Sisters in the American Sewing Guild. The very best of students were mine. Each of these talented girls were very eager to try their "hand" (pardon the pun, I could not resist!) at learning Silk Ribbon Embroidery. This is a fabulous way to embellish existing garments or to plan on sewing some new ones with using this form of ribbonwork. We were so enjoying ourselves. I have taught this class before to many, many girls. I so enjoy it when they complete their first "rose" and say, "WOW!". What could possibly be better? I have now taught them all a new addiction. I was so lucky to have an Assistant as well. She is none other than Susan, from Quilty Indulgence. http://www.quiltyindulgence.blogspot.com/  Susan is a tremendous quilter as well as patternmaker. She will get me to create a quilt one day.......I'd much rather sew a wedding dress!
In this picture, you will see my great students proudly showing off their latest creations. That is me in the back, with the dark hair & glasses, proud teacher I am!
Sew Bee It for now!
Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers