Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Poodle Skirt?

I have a dear friend that asked me about a special event that will take place soon at her daughter's elementary school. "Should she wear capri's or maybe a poodle skirt?" Well, I answered quickly, "a Poodle Skirt, most definitely!" I told her that she could wear it as a Halloween costume and for many other occasions! Plus, with an elastic waist, there is room for growing!
Then, the nightmare began......radius, circumference, etc.....oh the horror! When I was taking my Master Seamstress Certification course back in 1995

my daughters thought it hysterical to watch me struggle with fractions when it came to pattern making!
Off to my local JoAnn's this morning for stocking up embroidery thread. There on the filing cabinet a large sign...McCall's patterns .99 cents! Eureka! I am thinking in my head, please be one little poodle skirt pattern, please...At last. Prayers answered. Life simplified. I came home and now it is all ready to deliver, complete with embroidery, sequins and jewels!

Now, it is on to other projects....

Sew Bee It!

2 comments:

  1. Now I want one! I am so obsessed with circle skirts right now. Can't wait to start working with you this summer. It'll be such fun!

    ReplyDelete

Followers