Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Sweet Surprise!


Costco Wholesale holds me part-time. I refer to going to work as spending time at "Retail Heaven"! It is a fabulous place to work. To many, it seems like a boring, brainless job. Not to me. It gives me time away from the Sew Bee It Clothier Studio. Time to refresh and people watch! It is also a great time to fashion watch and gain some great ideas. Besides all of the benefits of my work there, I have the BEST co-workers in the world! I really mean that. They make each day such a pleasure. Of course there are a few unpleasant folks, but you can't change that no matter where you go in life! So sad for them! The guys at Costco have this crazy Fantasy Football League called, "Dynasty Dwendlers". Each guy has their own, logo for their "team". I think it is great for them to have something they are so crazy about. Like I am about sewing and such! Anyway, last year they decided to have a "Pink Out"weekend in October like the NFL's Crucial Catch to support the American Cancer Society's fight against Breast Cancer. Kevin and Norm sold shirts with a logo and a percentage went to the American Cancer Society. Being a Survivor, I was so excited. This year, the logo was redesigned and I added "2011" so that it will be great to collect them. We raised $500.00 for our LOCAL American Cancer Society. I stopped by work on Saturday for the picture that we were taking to send to Corporate Headquarters. The big PINK CHECK WAS MADE OUT IN MY NAME! I was so moved and teary-eyed! These people impressed me once again! Here are some of the pictures. I did 32 shirts!

2 comments:

Followers