Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Look what I am teaching!

This is a project that was very quick for me. This took place back in 2004. I was going to begin chemotherapy. I WAS NOT going to look like a sorry, sad patient! Just because I would be wearing hats, did not mean they had to be ugly! As, it turned out, I never wore the many hats I created besides the fabulous ones I received from dear friends. I wore my baldness as a badge of courage but that is another story for another day.......
Okay, back to the subject at hand, or head? I added my favorite Silk Ribbon Embroidery to this before I constructed the hat. It is fully lined so none of the back work shows. I love the Silk Ribbon because it is fast, colorful and gives the opportunity to use special beads that I have accumulated during these 30 years of sewing! I will admit that the construction is not my usual as I was not feeling so great BUT I did have so much happiness from doing it none the less.
This Saturday I will be sharing this love to my fellow American Sewing Guild Members at our Annual Craft Day. We have so much fun and always learn so many new things! Not to mention enjoying each other's company and some great food!
Until next time....keep happy!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic hat! Gorgeous hand work. You are sooooo talented! I can't wait to see your class on Saturday. What fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers