Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ruffle Romantic!

This particular Bolero is one of this week's additions. I loved the idea of simple ruffles and softness. So often, Brides have a tattoo or blemish that they would rather not show on their special day. This is the answer especially with a strapless dress. Imagine being able to wear this again with a sundress or other occasion. I always fully line my garments to prolong the life of it and to add ease to slipping it on. It just makes good sense. A bit more work, but worth it! I remember my "Aunt Jeanette" (who wasn't even actually related to me), explain some of her experiences in this matter. She was a fantastic seamstress! I would love to go over to her house and in the basement she had her work space. That is where the women would come for fittings. They would perch themselves on this pedestal in front of the mirrors. I was so amazed and she inspired me so! I remember her never ever cutting corners. I think of her often. I still have the scarf she helped me make some 38 years ago!

This is on Bertha, my fabulous, trusted mannequin. She has traveled with me many places! When people come to my sewing roon, they think I am a perfect size 8. I am fine with that!

Sew Bee It for now!

1 comment:

Followers